Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Air Exists

Air Exists


On Monday the 21st of October, my class did a science experiment about air. It was to find out if air exists, we needed a bucket, a jam jar and a paper towel.


We were meant to get split into groups and fill our bucket with water. Next we had to get the paper towel, fold it and put it in the jar. Then we had to tipped the jar upside down and push it to the bottom of the bucket. We were then asked if the paper towel will stay dry. I heard alot of people say yes, but we had to write why we thought yes or no. I wrote yes, because when the paper towel gets folded and put in the jar, it is filled and pushed down to the bottom of the bucket it will not fall out and it will stay dry.

We then got put in groups (I was the science captain of my group) and tested it ourselves. I was shocked to believe that it worked! I only guessed it would but it did. It was because when the paper towel gets folded and put in the jar, it is filled with air and pushed down to the bottom of the bucket it will not fall out and the air is keeping it dry, the air is it's cushion.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Inderpreet!
    I said that the paper towel will get wet but it was actually dry,
    keep up the awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Inderpreet!
    What a great prediction, observation and conclusion.
    I like how you have said that you were shocked to believe that it actually worked.
    Did you enjoy doing that experiment?
    I did.
    Well done:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...