Here are some Kereru facts.
* Kereru lay 1 egg per nest.
* Both parents take turns to incubate the egg for over 30 days.
* Kereru can eat whole seeds & spread them over our forests (in New Zealand) in their droppings. This makes so many trees grow.
* Kereru are only found in New Zealand.
* Young Kereru fortunate to survive, can leave their nest after 6 weeks.
And here are some Possum facts.
* There is estimated to be only be 70 million possums left in New Zealand.
* Possums are pests in New Zealand.
* Possums were introduced to Australia in 1837 for the purpose of establishing a fur trade in New Zealand.
* Possums can live up to 14 years, but the average lifespan for a possum is 7 years.* Possums have no natural predators in New Zealand.
Here is another photo of my Kereru art. I hope you like it & PLEASE comment.